Our World

Our World

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Socialization within Homeschooling

I always have those people who feel the need to voice their opinion about how homeschooling my children is not good for their socialization.  They tell me that how could my children possibly get all they need socially.  Well, I always respond back to those same people nicely that my children have no problems socializing with those their ages as well as those younger and older. Of course, I give them a smile to show that I am happy in my decision with homeschooling in every possible way!

I believe that as a mother it is my right to choose what is best for my children and that includes their education.  I have friends who have their children in both public and homeschool situations and respect their decisions equally.  I believe the main thing is that we all want what's best for our children and every family is different.  We know that this is quite alright and respect each others decisions! 

My children on a weekly basis play at local parks, visit our local library, visit Fairytale Town, and do various activities that include being around children up to adults of all ages.  They do pretty well at handling each situation and I feel very comfortable within my element.

So, just in case anyone still wonders what I think about this term Socialization involving my children the answer is, I am very pleased and also thank you for your concern!


A picture with the Magician

 
The Holman girls with my kids
Drayon, Andrew and Caleb at Mikal's Birthday  

The Mott boys with my kids


 



I have many other friends with whom my children play with, but you get the picture.  They are totally socializing!

2 comments:

  1. Might I add you are doing a wonderful job at it! ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeni, thank you. It means more than you know!

      Delete