Our World

Our World

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

The Glass Is Always Half Full

They Are Twins And Individuals

First 5 Play Group
   


    My Dad growing up always reminded me that whenever something might not be going as you would like that I must remind myself that the glass is always half full, not half empty.  If we only think of the negative then we are just throwing out the positive as well.  With having trouble in certain areas with my precious Kylie I want to always think of the positives and with the help from my friend Laine I have been able to access what the issues are for her and now start making it a more positive outcome for her.  Little things such as having a backpack filled with her favorite things to take when we leave the house, to having some projects that she can work on alone with siblings nearby and learning what kind of schedule is better for her has been helpful.  Of course, fine tuning will still be needed as we merrily go along.  I have support from my family and close friends and it makes all the difference in the world.

    Yes, Kylie and Caylee are twins indeed.  But, they are two individuals just like Caleb is an individual and they need to be treated as such.  I am learning how to deal with the different personalities and what can and cannot work with our family and just having patience and the willingness to do the work is what will get us there.  What a positive and great difference for Caleb with homeschooling.  He enjoys our learning environment and being able to go to play groups and field trips with his family and I love his eagerness to learn.

The hugs, kisses and I love you's from my children make it all worth it and then some!

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes there are even two totally different glasses! One full and overflowing with happiness about one part of parenting, and one on the low side about a different part. All of our feelings are important and we can be happy about one part of we are going through and very sad about another part of it. All of your feelings are as important as ther rest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laine, that is so true. I am glad that we have sides which can balance the good with the bad. Thank you.

      Delete