Our World

Our World

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

We Are Like Plants

We are growing everyday starting in our mother's womb.  Heavenly Father has created us in his image and so we should not doubt.  We were put on this earth to be different and to grow within our environments.  Each and every one of us.  Whether we homeschool or put our children in public school, we want the best for them.  Am I right?  I know that I want the best for my own children.  I want them to grow up in a nourished environment.  Who better to decide what that is than parents themselves.  Erik Erikson, a psychologist stated that children are distinct and to effectively be able to teach them, we must understand and know their differences.  I know that this is very true.  The way I teach my son is different from the way I teach my twins, and each of them also learn differently.  This is how it was meant to be. 

We are like plants.  Even though plants may look the same, they are different.  Each one grew differently starting as a seed.  Without getting all of what it needs, then it would not make it.  The same goes for us humans.  We each have our own journey in life and it is crucial for us to go through phases and be nourished the whole way.  I like to think of the sunlight for a plant as the positive environment and reinforcement needed for us. 

My kids and I are always working on doing things together, I am doing my best to individualize my expectations for each of them and really focus on their strengths.  This is what my children need from me.  I am also working on myself and my own journey along the way.  All I can do is try my best each and everyday.  We all have our off days.  Who doesn't?  Let's not let this deter us from what our goals are for our children and ourselves. 

Being a parent is not the easiest thing and we are always learning.  But, Heavenly Father gave us this responsibility and he knows that we can do this!  I know we can too!









2 comments:

  1. Hi there! Just wanted to let you know I put a link to your blog on mine! (On my "Blogs I Love page!) I've been following you for a while now via blogger, and I just wanted to let you know I love reading your blog! If you get a chance, come check mine out! Thanks for sharing!

    www.ourstringofpearls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Amy Strouth! That means so much to me! I will be checking out your blog and cannot wait to do so!

      Delete